Most of us run into trouble with portion control and eating when we’re not actually hungry. So I suggest if it’s not a specific meal you planned on eating and you’re feeling hungry maybe drink some water or tea first and pause and think if you really need to eat and then if you’re still hungry, go for it :-) But portion control! Find healthy snack ideas below.
Low Carb( starch,Bread) https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/g3593/low-carb-recipes/
I love this article below and one day soon I’ll have my own written section on it but for now read this! There’s no one perfect ratio. I have tried them ALL. Its a lot of trial and error but I can tell you what works.
1.Eat nutrient dense mindfully portioned food.
2. Try drinking some water before your meals. Drink at least 2 liters a day.
3. Do not eat until you are full. Eat until you’re satisfied.
4. Ask yourself questions. Am I hungry,bored, emotional, thirsty, tired, stressed? Can I pause and breath and reassess?
5. Try not to wait to eat until it’s too late an you’re ravenous eating whatever is in front of you.
6. Make sure you’re eating enough. Balanced, protein, carb(this includes veggies, fruit, nutrient dense only grains like sprouted, legumes, quinoa, etc) and fat in each meal. See article on this labeled below.
7. Make sure you’re getting enough sleep.
8. Allow yourself to be human. If you fall of track. Briefly investigate why, accept it and move on. Obsessing will be counterproductive.
9. If measuring portions helps, go for it, I do not recommended this is you have or are recovering from an Eating Disorder. I strongly recommend learning to eyeball it and learn listen to your body. It’s a healthier mindset.
10. Apps like My Fitness Pal can help. I do not recommend Keto food track apps. They WILL make you feel defeated.
11. Read your labels, the less ingredients the better.
12. Try to eat without distractions. At least once a week alone, no phone, TV etc and eventually more!
Article on Macros and nutrient dense foods